The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine did not adopt as a basis bill No. 2207-1 on waste management. People’s deputies sent the bill to the committee for a second first reading. The corresponding decision was supported by 256 deputies of Ukraine, reports the correspondent of UNN.
Thus, according to Bill No. 2207-1, the fundamental principles and provisions of European legislation in the field of waste management are introduced into national legislation for the first time, in particular, the introduction of a waste management hierarchy and expanded producer responsibility, a long-term waste management planning system at the national, regional and local levels.
So, it is assumed that this draft law:
– stimulates the development of the legislative framework for waste management;
– derives waste management from the shadows by introducing waste and recycling records;
– enables the business to fulfill its obligations on the basis of extended producer responsibility;
– Introduces separate collection of waste, stimulates its processing and minimizes waste disposal in landfills
– creates the prerequisites for the transition to a closed-loop economy.
Recall that on February 11 at a meeting of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and Environmental Management, it was decided to reject bills No. 2207 and No. 2207-2.
At the same time, it was recommended that draft law No. 2207-1, On Waste Management, be sent for revision to the Committee for first reading.