Despite the safety of polypropylene for people, a long period of disintegration of used products causes irreparable damage to nature. But today the salvation of the environment is one of the most pressing problems of all mankind. Therefore, processing of polypropylene is at the same time environmentally friendly disposal of hazardous to nature waste and a good opportunity to make money. There are many examples when completely new objects are created from the secondary LDPE granules.
What becomes a raw material?
Practically all polypropylene products are amenable to processing, except for those that could be in contact with radioactive elements. Sources of safe raw materials are:
– household and medical storage containers;
– packing tape
– bottle caps;
– plastic bags;
– polypropylene bags and used big bags (containers for transportation of large-sized goods).
To obtain polypropylene granules for new production, the collected raw materials go through the following cycle:
– careful sorting of polymeric materials;
– crushing and washing;
– final cleaning with detergent;
– removal of moisture and thermovilk;
The resulting granules are further used for the manufacture of new things needed by people in everyday life. These can be auto and bicycle parts, brooms and brushes, garden tools and films, ice scrapers and tanks, storage containers, trash bags and even furniture.
Secondary Product Characteristics
The recycled material, sorted by color, is almost as good as the primary one. The advantages of recycled plastics are:
– resistance to mechanical damage, alkalis, salts, acids and alcohol;
– tolerance to high temperatures;
– good compatibility with other materials;
– moisture resistance and low thermal conductivity.
LDPE granules obtained as a result of recycling used polypropylene bags are distinguished by their special quality and environmental friendliness. Therefore, you should not just throw away the used container and litter the environment. It is better to collect the unnecessary and sell it to those who buy big bags for processing and produce secondary granules from them.